The OC Small Business Relief Program: Unincorporated Grants will allow eligible businesses to receive up to $10,000 in grant funds. This funding is intended to help local small businesses mitigate economic losses resulting from COVID-19, sustain workforce levels, and promote economic recovery from pandemic-related matters.
Size of the Grant
Approximately $68,000 is available to award in each of the five Orange County Districts through Community Development Block Grant-CARES (CDBG-CV) funding provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), totaling to around $340,000 in funding for Orange County’s unincorporated areas.
View Orange County’s Supervisorial District maps (Unincorporated Areas are depicted on the maps in Yellow)…
To be eligible for this grant funding, businesses must be located in Unincorporated Areas of Orange County, have a workforce of 25 or fewer employees, and be up to date on Unemployment Insurance (UI) taxes and in good standing with the State of California. Other general criteria employers must meet to be considered for local funding include:
- Must be a for-profit business located in Unincorporated Areas of Orange County
- Must not be a home-based business
- May only apply for one-site or location
- Only one application may be submitted per organization
- Must pay employees minimum wage or more
- Must be able to demonstrate a need for economic support due to the impacts of COVID-19
- Duplication of benefits is not permitted
- Must be able to enter into a grant agreement with Orange County that includes the conditions outlined in the application
- Must complete a W-9 form
Orange County Unincorporated Area Map
To verify that your business is in an Unincorporated area of Orange County, visit https://www.ocgis.com/ocpw/landrecords/ and follow the steps below:
- Click on Link
- Click on MAP Layers two times
- Click on + sign in pop-up screen on first heading Map Layers
- Click on District
- Click Supervisorial
- Click on Quick Search Button at top
- Type in address and select
- Your District is shown
- Zoom out on map to verify you are in and Unincorporated area of Orange County CA
Eligible applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until all available funds have been committed. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
PLEASE READ HERE for full details on eligibility requirements for the OC Small Business Relief Program: Unincorporated Grants including allowable activities and prohibited costs...
Due to the overwhelming response of previous County small business funding programs, businesses are strongly encouraged to review the application requirements and process in advance. Applications will open beginning November 9, 2020, at 9 a.m. PST and are scheduled to close on November 23, 2020, at 5 p.m. PST or until 350 online applications are received. Funding has been allocated within one hour of applications going live in the past, and a similar level of interest is anticipated for this program.
Applications can only be submitted Online. The link for to the application portal is available HERE.
***If you are experiencing problems with Internet Explorer browser, please use Google Chrome.***
Important Note: A Supplemental Application “MUST” be attached to the main application, or the application is incomplete and ineligible.
View and Download OC Small Business Relief Program: Unincorporated Grants Supplemental Application Form...
For more information, call the Economic and Business Recovery Call Center at (714) 480-6500.